Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Christmas Un-Wrap

Another Christmas season has ended and a New Year is upon us. Two thousand seven has started like most years; taking down the Christmas Lights, sharing holiday stories with co-workers, and trying to figure out some what of a routine, which seems to be a little tougher to do with a 11 week old baby boy. :)
We had a wonderful time with all the family this holiday season. Emily, Alex and I were able to spend a full week in Ely, Nevada with my parents, now called Grandma and Grandpa, along with Auntie Michelle, Uncle Jed, and Auntie Cass. A big family affair with a new smiling addition,lots of good food, loud competitive games, colorful puzzles, ice cold fishing, pure white snowball fights, and laughs and memories to last a lifetime. It is amazing how much you can pack into a week when you don't have to go to work. Grandma and Grandpa enjoyed every minute with their new grandson, Alex; and I think he did as well. There was quite a lot of the baby talk echoing throughout the house and only half of that was from Alex. New experiences everyday for Alex and with some fresh new snow after Christmas, Alex experienced how terrifyingly cold snow is and everyone's hands after being outside.
Time with family didn't end there, when we returned to Phoenix Emily's brother Lloyd was in town. We had a nice outdoor BBQ with family and friends on New Years Day. Can you believe it...outdoors on January 1st? It was a light jacket evening :) The week continued with a big family dinner and Christmas celebration. Emily's nieces (Maggie, Eva, & Lucy) are all very active and full of energy, I don't know how Megan and Walter keep up with them all. Of course, Eva is infatuated with Alexander Paul, as she calls him. The visit with Lloyd went rather fast, but in the short time I think he finally figured out the best way to hold Alex. Support his head! Watch his head! He can't hold his head up! Be careful! Aaaahhhh.. I remember hearing those. Emily's parents (Nana & Papa) are enjoying their first grandson, quite a change since they already having three granddaughters and another one scheduled to arrive April'ish.
I hope your holiday season was filled with love and I pray that throughout this year we continue to remember the blessings that God has given us. The biggest blessing of all, his son, Jesus Christ.

No comments: